Friday, February 23, 2018

Sparkley Birthday Card

I am really not one to join, "whatever flavor of the month clubs" but I came across one that seemed like a pretty decent deal to me so I signed up for Spellbinder's Small Die of the Month Club. This month's die was this set of 4 border dies:

 
I used the bottom die in the picture for my card.

 
 
I used some coppery, shiny paper for the die cuts. I went shopping in Vegas last week with foil paper on the top of my list. I went to Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby and Michael's this copper was the best I could do but I think that it works well.
 
I used a copper embossing powder to do a wet emboss on the sentiment and added some pearls to add to the sparkle. Of course it is very hard to see how it sparkles even in this close up, it is one of the few cloudy days we get here in Arizona.



The card base is 5" wide x 6" folded, the copper layer is 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" and the printed layer is 4" x5", I had to cut off the end of the die cut in order to make them fit the card.

I am entering this card into this challenge: 
Use Your Stuff Challenge - 300 - Twinkle-twinkle
 


1 comment:

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.